The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have recommended all routine eye care be deferred until further notice in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 throughout our community. Accordingly, we have decided to voluntarily suspend all non-essential, non-urgent optometric care. We will begin calling all scheduled patients at 10:00 AM on March 19, 2020 to confirm that your appointment is postponed and reschedule your appointment for a date on or after April 14, 2020.
Doctors of optometry are frontline physician providers of essential care and as such we will remain open to the public to provide urgent care. Urgent care is medical care for illnesses or injuries which require prompt attention but are typically not of such seriousness as to require the services of an emergency room. If you are having an urgent eye care need, please contact our office at 734-414-1892 or firstname.lastname@example.org . If it is possible to assess the case over the phone, we may try to assess the situation over the phone rather than with a face to face visit.
Our business hours will be reduced until April 14, 2020. It is possible that our business hours may change in the coming days or weeks, so please refer to our website for our current list of hours. This is an uncertain time, with fast-changing information but we will make every effort to keep our website current.
For patients in need of emergency eye care, please contact our office at 734-414-1892 and email@example.com and you will be referred to the appropriate healthcare facility.
Common Questions You May Have:
· Routine Eye Exams: If you are scheduled for a routine eye examination appointment for the remainder of March and early April, we will reschedule your appointment. As of March 19, 2020, we will begin rescheduling routine eye examination appointments for April 14, 2020 and later.
· I need to replace my glasses. What do I do? Please contact us at 734-414-1892 or firstname.lastname@example.org . We may be able extend your prescription during this time and will help you with your eyewear needs.
· I’m nearly out of contact lenses. What do I do? Please contact us at 734-414-1892 or email@example.com. We may be able extend your prescription during this time, and/or place an order for your contact lenses and have them shipped to your house.
· I need a refill on the medication prescribed to me by the practice. What do I do? Please contact us at 734-414-1892 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can transmit a refill for your prescription directly to your pharmacy so that you have the medication that you need.
· I have an issue. It cannot wait until you can see me in the office. What can I do? If you have an issue that cannot wait for an office visit, contact us at 734-414-1892 or email@example.com and we will do our best to address the issue via telephone. The consultation must be initiated at your request.
· What about an eye emergency? What can I do? If you have an ocular emergency, we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call 734-414-1892 or seek medical attention at an emergency room.
Under Michigan Executive Order 2020-07, we must perform a health evaluation of all individuals who enter the office and must deny entry to anyone with symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or a sore throat; and contact in the last 14 days with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19. If you experiencing such symptoms upon arrival you will be referring to an appropriate healthcare facility.
Progressive Family Eye Care is closely monitoring developments and updates regarding COVID-19. Our priority is to support the health and safety of our patients, staff and the public and we will continue to assess the situation and update recommendations accordingly.
Together we will weather this storm. Thank you for your continued support.